What is an Eldercare Planner?
Primarily these services are assisting someone with the decision-making process prior to the move, but also assisting with the management of the move, if required.
A few of the reasons why this can be a valuable service are discussed below:
- Depending on the community you live in, it could be hard to narrow down options. In larger communities, there could be over 50 community choices.
- Family may not live locally and may not be able to assist someone with this transition as they live too far away to help with the hands-on support required.
- The options can be overwhelming and endless. We help break your needs down to make the decision process simpler.
- Family members disagree about the next steps for a parent to stay at home or relocate.
- The loss of a spouse, or partner.
- Individuals feeling overwhelmed with the process of unraveling years of living in one home and relocating on their own.
A few ways an Eldercare Planner can help:
- Breaking down the options and determining what is in the best interests of the person moving.
- Facilitating the conversation between family members and the individual moving.
- Valuable resource and support through adult children to support their loved ones.
- Support the individual moving in whatever capacity they might need – from the decision to move, to packing and unpacking, if required.
An Eldercare Planner is not influenced by family dynamics and can provide a fresh set of eyes on any scenario.