A variety of new services for our aging population have been popping up in the past few years. Retirement Living Advisor/Consultant or Senior Living Advisor are both examples of individuals who assist with that potential relocation transition.
Primarily these services are assisting someone with the decision making prior to the move but also assisting with the move management process if required.
Why on earth would someone need a Senior Living Advisor when they could just go and do it themselves? Below are a few of the reasons why this can be a valuable service:
- Depending on the community you live in there could be so many service or product choices that it is hard to narrow down options. Larger communities are a great example where there could be over 50 community choices to sift through.
- Family may not live locally and may not be able to assist someone with this transition as they live too far away to help with the hands-on support required
- The options can be overwhelming and endless. We help break your needs down to make the decision process simpler.
- Family members often disagree about whether the parent should stay at home or relocate
- Loss of a spouse, or partner
- Individuals feel so overwhelmed with the process of unraveling years of living in one home and relocating on their own that it can be paralyzing
These are just a few reasons why someone might need assistance.
A few ways a Senior Living Advisor can help:
- Breaking down the options by identifying the needs in advance of visiting retirement facilities to determine what is in the best interests of the person moving and helping to make choices that would best fit their needs
- Facilitating the conversation between family members and the individual moving
- Adult children are often busy and don’t have the time necessary to support their loved ones so we become their valuable resource and support through the process
- We are available to support the individual moving in whatever capacity they might need – from the decision to move, to packing and unpacking, if required
A Senior Living Advisor is an objective set of eyes that is not influenced by family dynamics and can provide a fresh set of eyes on any scenario.